IFS Certificate/Diploma in Financial Studies at Grantham College
The Certificate/Diploma in Financial Studies has been designed to encourage students to be inspired to meet their lifestyle aspirations. This will be achieved by teaching them to apply the appropriate solution(s) from the wide range available within the evolving financial services marketplace.
On completion of this qualification learners will be able to:
- Appreciate how different external factors impact upon the individual directly, and indirectly
- Appreciate the benefits that can be derived from financial services products, and how these can contribute to achieving their personal aspirations
- Compare and contrast a range of financial olutions and draw reasoned, informed and sound financial judgements in particular contexts
- Develop an awareness of risk and reward, and the obligations associated with different financial solutions
- Understand the concept of ‘money’ in all its forms, and how its value is subject to time and circumstance
- Understand the scope of the financial services industry and how it impacts upon the individual.
This qualification can provide a route to Higher Education and to a career in financial services. Together the Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS) and the Diploma in Financial Studies (Dip FS) can provide up to 120 UCAS points.
5 GCSEs (Grade C or above) including English or maths, or a merit in a related BTEC Level 2 Diploma
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grantham College directly.