Plumbing EMTA/EAL Diploma Level 1 at North Notts College (NNC)
This qualification focuses on fundamental plumbing practical skills and knowledge. Successful completion of the qualification will ensure that the learner will have gained an understanding of the core skills and knowledge required by a plumber working within the plumbing sector. The qualification does not require occupational evidence.
This qualification is for:
- learns who may have limited prior knowledge and understanding of the plumbing sector
- learners who are thinking about plumbing as a career but would like some experience of the job role first
- those who are new to the industry or looking for a career change or wish to learn new skills.
This qualification covers the fundamental practical skills and knowledge required by someone aspiring to work in the plumbing industry. It covers a wide range of subjects including:
- safe working practices
- understanding environmental protection measures
- understanding fundamental plumbing systems and
- understanding and demonstrating fundamental copper tube practical applications.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although Centres should ensure that the learners have the potential to achieve the units selected within this qualification.
Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes and any assessment requirements.
This qualification has a theory and practical content. Therefore it is expected that it is delivered in a workshop and a classroom environment.
All assessments within this qualification are externally set (by EAL), Centre marked assignments and practical assessments.
The full requirements of the assessments are detailed within Section 6 of the EAL qualification manual.
This qualification could lead to progression to one of the following qualifications:
- EAL Level 2 Award in Plumbing and Heating
- EAL Level 2 Certificate in Plumbing and Heating
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Heating.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.