Health and Social Care Level 1 BTEC Foundation Certificate at Accrington and Rossendale College
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings (QCF) has been developed to give you the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning that is relevant to you and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Develop your knowledge and awareness of health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings.
- Develop an understanding of the similarities and differences between these settings
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 1, vocationally-related qualification in health and social care
- Progress to employment in the health and social care or children’s services sectors
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications in health and social care or children’s services.
Course content: This course involves 3 days of study a week. The course will give learners the opportunity to engage in learning which will provide
opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life, whilst developing their knowledge and awareness of health, social care and children.
Maths and English: Alongside this programme you will complete Functional Skills maths and English. These lessons will give you the key skills to progress effectively in everyday life and employment.
Work related learning: The work related learning programme focuses on the high expectations of employers, encouraging and supporting learners to develop the skills required to progress into other vocational areas and employment. This includes subject areas such as equality and diversity, healthy living, money management and enterprise activities.
Tutorial: Tutorial is a workshop designed to develop your employability skills and produce a portfolio of evidence including a CV, personal statement, and general evidence of good practice within your academic studies.
The Level 1 Introduction to Health & Social Care programme is aimed at 16-19 years who wish to pursue a career in health and social care. You must have English and Maths at Entry 3 or the Equivalent GCSE and you will be expected to attend a college interview.
Successful completion of this Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social Care qualification can lead to a place on a whole range of the Colleges Level 1 or Level 2 programmes.
This course is free of charge for 16 – 18 year olds.
This course will cost a maximum of £155 for learners aged 19 years old or above. This fee may be reduced or void depending on the individual’s circumstances.
Successful completion of this Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social Care qualification can lead to a place on a whole range of the Colleges Level 1 or Level 2 programmes
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.