Chemistry A-Level at Goole High School Academy
Students with a wide range of interests enjoy the Chemistry course. Whether you want a job in medicine or industry, chemistry is the solid platform upon which careers are built.
The course is underpinned by the practical skills which are called 'How Science Works'.
What will you be learning?
The course consists of the following units:
- Unit 1: Foundation subjects like atomic structure, periodicity and organic chemistry.
- Unit 2: Cover topics including kinetics, alkenes and analytical techniques.
- Unit 3: Practical skills.
- Unit 4: 17 topics including equilibria, polymers and aromatic chemistry.
- Unit 5: Thermodynamics, energetics and inorganic chemistry.
- Unit 6: Practical skills.
To start an AS Level course you should achieve at least 5 grade Cs at GCSE including BTECs. To start a Level 2 course, 4 GCSE passes are required. All courses expect a high level of commitment and hard work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Goole High School Academy directly.