Art and Design - 3D Design BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Hull College Group
This course is ideal for those students with a background in Art, Design Technology or Graphic Products. It allows students to experience a broad range of 3D disciplines including the design of built spaces, products and craft based objects.
Year 2 students will have the opportunity to specialise in:
- Spatial Design (e.g. interiors, architecture, museum and exhibitions, theatre)
- Product and Furniture (e.g. lighting, electronic products, automotive, seating, point of scale)
- Crafts (e.g. ceramics and jewellery)
- Spatial Design - Generate creative solutions to spatial problems and present these effectively as a combination of drawings, computer modelling and scale appearance models.
- Product and Furniture - Emphasis is on model making, material experimentation, problem solving and use of computer modelling and animation.
- Craft – Study is predominantly practical and hands on in specialist ceramics, glass or jewellery workshops.
All students will partake in all of the elements of the Study Programme which include:
- Vocational Studies
- English and Maths dependant on previous qualifications, Maths and English are mandatory requirements for all students who have not achieved Grade C or above in GCSE.
- Additional learning goals will be studied dependant on individual students previous English and Maths achievements.
Additional vocational work will be set for students to work on in studio’s as Directed Personal study, outside of the above timetabled sessions.
Successful interview with a folder of art and.or design work, supported by a minimum or 3 GCSEs grade C or above, or equivalent..
Students progress into further study leading to design careers or may enter the workplace. Careers might include Architecture, Interior, Exhibition, Transport, Product, Film and Television, Games, Furniture, Jewellery and Ceramic
Hours per week for this Study programme are between 16hrs and 30hrs. Each student has an Individual Study programme package dependant on previous qualification achievements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.