Painting and Decorating Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
Painters and decorators work on all types of buildings and structures. Jobs can range from the re-decoration of domestic properties through to large industrial premises. The work is creative and can become very involved as a lot of liaison takes place with clients and/or interiors designers on colours, finishes and wallpaper patterns to be used. Decorators use a variety of different tools depending on the job, including paint spraying equipment, steamers and different types and sizes of brushes and rollers. They use these to apply a range of materials and finishes such as solvents, paints, varnishes and wall coverings.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF Qualification which covers Functional Skills and a knowledge based element or technical certificate as listed.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
Decorators could work within smaller domestic properties, large organisations or for contractors working on the last stages within a construction site.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.