Welding EMTA NVQ Level 1 Award at Doncaster College
The course requires approximately 16 hours contact time per week which will be timetabled between Monday to Thursday 9am to 6.20pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm.
This award is aimed at people new to the Engineering Industry who require qualifications in Fabrication/Welding specialism.
The qualification recognises what a competent person is able to do at work. The course involves learning and developing the skills and knowledge needed to work in an engineering workshop environment. This course has a high practical content.
The course requires the completion of three mandatory and two optional assessment routes.
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Using and communicating technical information.
- Using manual MIG or MAG welding equipment
- Using manual metal arc welding equipment.
- 2 GCSEs grades G and above in Maths and English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview.
The course is internally assessed through observation/practical/written assessment techniques.
Successful students can progress on to Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations or First Diploma in Engineering.
This programme is aimed at people wanting to enter the industry, who require a basic qualification. However after further study there are wider job opportunities including craftsperson, technician, Technical engineering and project leader
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.