Photography A Level at City of Bristol College
Through lectures, workshops and tutorials you will explore a wide range of photographic practice.
Component 1: Portfolio
Component 2: Externally set assignment
- A Level will be digital photography-based with an opportunity to learn at first hand how traditional film photography works
- Digital post-production (the digital darkroom) will be taught as a matter of course
- In the A Level year you will extend your artistic digital practice and be able to realise a more commercial output by creating a portfolio
- You will also visit photographic exhibitions and art galleries
- Creative development sessions will expand your visual skills into the realm of digital photographic artwork
Students should be aware that A Level Photography is an academic discipline as rigorous as any other A Level course.
- 6 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths
- We will accept GCSE merit in place of one of the GCSE passes at grade C or above
- Basic photographic awareness, knowledge or experience will be advantageous but not essential
- Art/Photography GCSE grade C.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Bristol College directly.