Travel and Tourism Level Three Diploma at East Riding College
This level three diploma creates a balance between practical and theory based units to support anyone interested in starting out in the industry. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the employment area you have chosen, you develop the skills you need to start or progress in your career. Learners will benefit from working with industry partners including New Horizons, the College's fully functioning travel agency.
- Promotions and sales in travel and tourism
- Holiday park hosts
- Work placement in travel and tourism
- Developing people in travel and tourism
- Tourism in the UK
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- Worldwide adventure tourism
- Principles of marketing
- Overseas representatives
- Conference and events operations
- Special interest and independent travel
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Principles of supervising customer service
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C (must include English)
- Level Two Diploma in Travel and Tourism (with an average merit grades across units), plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C or above
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
This course prepares you for a range of employment opportunities in the travel and tourism industry. The most common include: travel agents, air cabin crew, overseas representatives and holiday park hosts. If you would like to take your education further you may wish to progress onto the Level Three Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism or university to complete a foundation degree or our Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.