Arboriculture Apprenticeship Level 2 at Bath College
This course has been designed to build the skills and knowledge that will equip you to work in the forestry and arboricultural industries. You will learn how to identify, maintain and manage trees and woodland, select, plant and maintain new plantings, work safely whilst performing a range of tree felling or aerial tree work and understand how the forestry and arboricultural industries work. All work is carried out following organic and sustainable principles whenever appropriate.
- Environmental and land-based business
- Undertaking work related experience in the land-based industries
- Carrying out ground-based arboricultural operations
- Establishing trees and shrubs
- Felling and extraction of timber from woodland
- Identifying and selecting trees and shrubs
- Undertaking tree climbing and pruning operations
Four full GCSEs at grade D or above, including maths and English language; or a Level
Self-motivation and a desire to succeed in forestry or arboriculture. Candidates will undergo an initial assessment. Places are subject to interview.
You will be assessed through practical assessments and written assignments.
- Progress to Technical Certificate in Arboriculture or a level 2/3 work-based diploma
- Move on to a career in forestry or woodland management, or as an arborist or forester
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.