Accessibility links

Design Technology Textiles at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College

Course content

Design Technology TextilesThe students study three main areas:Þ                 Textile materials and components.Þ                 Textile product design and market influences.Þ                 Textile processes and production methods used in manufacture.All the above areas of study will be linked to classroom based designing and making tasks which will require the students to apply knowledge and understanding when developing ideas, planning, producing and evaluating products.A practical emphasis is placed on all learning in this area of design technology.  Students will learn textile skills and processes by experimentation with acquired skills applied in design and make tasks.ICT software will be an aspect of learning and implementing design skills.  Video will be used to experience the industrial element of the course content. 

Assessment

The course consists of a Major Project which accounts for 60% of the final mark and a written paper which accounts for the remaining 40% of the GCSE grade.

Future opportunities

Students can continue their exploration of textiles as a design material at AS and A2 level by studying a Creative Textile course.  This can lead students onto a Foundation Course in Art prior to studying a diploma or degree course in Art and Design.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College directly.

Last updated date: 08 March 2017
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown

Venues