Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
Earn while you learn, aimed at those who prefer vocational training to academic study and those who wish to gain employment by gaining a technical skill and knowledge, but also demonstrate competence in the workplace.
An Apprenticeship is a vocational, work-based programme that demonstrates competence and knowledge. With a combination of on-the-job training and assessments, and training through an IMI Awards’ approved centre, Apprenticeships demonstrate your competence to do a job to a national standard.
- Routine motorcycle maintenance, including engine systems.
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing Motorcycle tyres.
- Carrying out motorcycle wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing motorcycle: exhaust components, suspension dampers & springs, batteries and electrical components, braking systems & components.
- Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
You will need to be employed in a garage carrying out appropriate tasks. In addition, you must have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A* to D.
The assessment is made up of three components (set by IMI Awards):
- Practical tasks
- Online testing
- Portfolio of evidence
The knowledge component of this qualification is also independently assessed via online testing. The tests are mapped to each knowledge unit's learning outcomes and assessment criteria to ensure coverage. These tests are marked electronically by IMI Awards.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (Level 3)
Overalls and boots should be supplied by your employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.