Vocational Studies (Sports/Uniformed Public Services) - Level 1 Diploma at Easton & Otley College
The Level 1 programme is designed to offer progression into further education, study, apprenticeship or employment. Parallel to the Level 1 programme the student will study Functional Skills, (Maths and English).
This course is designed to provide a foundation of knowledge which will support the individual to progress either into further education or employment within the Sports Industry or Uniformed Public Services.
Students will explore a range of areas within Sport and Uniformed Public Services and, in addition, will expand advantageous life skills such as communication; leadership; teamwork; punctuality and time management.
There will be opportunities for Level 1 students to interact with the Level 2 Football Learning Programme and Level 2 Rugby Academy for weekly training sessions and also take part in various Level 2 Uniformed Public Service activities.
- How the Body Works
- Introduction to Healthy Eating
- Planning Own Fitness Programme
- Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
- Map Reading using Ordnance Survey Maps
- Career Progression
- Jobs in Sport or Active Leisure
- Personal Skills for Public Service
- Forensic Detection
- Assisting a Leader of Sports
- Sports Activities
- No formal entry requirements, however students must have either successfully completed the Entry Level 3 Diploma or have English and Maths skills at Entry Level 3 or above.
- There will be an initial assessment at interview to ensure suitability for the course.
Assessment takes place throughout the year using assignments, workbooks, practical skills, and observations.
Following the successful completion of the Level 1 programme, and appropriate Functional Skills results, students will have the opportunity to apply for a Level 2 programme if they wish to proceed with further education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.