Animal Management Level 3 Diploma at ProCo NW Ltd
This qualification is suited to learners who have experience working with animals and wish to develop their skills further.
On site we accomodate a large variety of animals which learners have the opportunity to work with and learn about during the course.
- Understand and promote animal health
- Management of animal accomodation
- Plan and monitor animal feeding
- Understand the principles of animal biology
- Undertake animal handling and safe working
- Undertake and review work-related experience in land based industries
- Understand animal anatomy and physiology
- Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communication
- Understand the principles of animal nursing
- Understand animal welfare and breed development
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of exotic animal health and husbandry
- Undertake pet store design and animal management
- Understand the principles of animal nutrition
Three GCSEs or above including maths, English and science. Industry experience desireable.
- Written assessments
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and is dependent on attendance.
After completing the course learners can progress onto Higher Education - including a level 4 foundation degree or a Higher National Diploma in Animal Management.
- Trainee zoo keeper
- Pet shop assistant
- Manager of a dog kennels and cattery
- Veterinary care assistant
- Dog grooming assistant
- Animal welfare officer
- Rescue centre and kennels supervisor
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.