PE at St Mary's College
Physical Education is a multi-faceted discipline; it will help you develop in the
· Develop knowledge and skills in the three roles of performing, leading
· Develop theoretical aspects through involvement in practical activities.
· Develop an enquiring mind and are interested in sport throughout the
· Develop an understanding about how the body functions and the short
and long term effects of exercise
· Develop an understanding of how elite performers prepare for sports
· Develop the ability to evaluate and improve your own performance in a
range of sports roles- performer, leader and official.
· Develop an understanding of the pathways and opportunities available
in sort and recreation at local, national and international level.
Although not essential, students who have studied a sports related course
such as BTEC First Diploma in Sport and GCSE Physical Education will find
the knowledge advantageous. Students must be involved in some form of
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Mary's College directly.