Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 at Lawnswood School
Would you like a career in health and social care? This course provides an advanced level qualification, delivered by experienced professionals. The Edexcel course aims to develop your knowledge and skills, preparing you to progress into Higher Education or into the health or social care sector. It provides a practical programme of study, focusing on the needs of real job roles and situations.
The course is suitable if you are progressing from GCSE Health and Social Care or wish to take this on as a new subject.
The course consists of the following units:
Compulsory units: Completed in Year 12
- Developing Effective Communication in Health & Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health & Social Care
- Health, Safety & Security in Health & Social Care
- Development Through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health & Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development in Health & Social Care
Nutrition for Health & Social Care
- Additional units: Completed in Year 13
Sociological Perspectives for Health & Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health & Social Care
- Caring for Children & Young People
- - Complementary Therapies
- Physiological Disorders-
- Dementia Care
- Working with Medication in Health & Social Care
C+ in GCSE English or Maths
All students studying health and social care will be expected to have a work placement alongside their academic studies; such as a placement in a nursery, residential home, hospital or other caring establishments.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course.
Nursing (Diploma or Degree). All branches (adults, sick children, mental health, midwifery and learning disabilities). Students can also progress on to other health related degree courses i.e .radiography, occupational therapy, Physiotherapy, health studies, health promotion etc. A variety of health care settings will employ Level 3 qualified individuals. these include hospitals, clinics, residential homes and a variety of voluntary agencies.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.