English Language A Level at Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig
- AS/A Level English Language has been offered to pupils at Penweddig for the last seven years. We’re very proud of this course as few local educational institutions give young people the chance to study English Language as well as English Literature at
- Examination results are very good and it is generally recognised that a qualification in English Language testifies to good communication and analytical skills.
- You should consider this course if you enjoy reading and writing and like to analyse people’s use of the written and spoken word.
- Pupils who choose to study mathematics and science sometimes opt to do English Language as a fourth subject.
- It is also possible to study English Language alongside English Literature. Other pupils, who have decided to specialize in Modern Foreign Languages, have valued the English Language course for its emphasis on grammatical analysis.
- It’s a qualification which is particularly suited for those interested in the media, especially journalism. Many university courses in English include aspects of English Language as well as Literature or you could choose to study linguistics.
- Indeed the study of English Language is a good basis for a wide range of courses and careers and this no doubt explains the popularity of the course in the school.
- Of course not everyone goes on to university, but few employers would want to dismiss a candidate with proven skills in the English language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Gyfun Penweddig directly.