Health and Social Care - level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Buxton & Leek College
- This qualification replaces the previous NVQ qualification.
- This course is ideal for you if you're already working with adults or children and young people in a health and social care setting.
Your training will be linked to the job you're already doing in health and/or social care. You'll study one day a week in college and the rest of your time will be spent learning in your workplace.
You'll study these units:
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Development Through Life Stages
- Values and Planning in Social Care
- Safeguarding Adults
- Personal and Professional Development
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care/Children
- Promoting Independence
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
And you will choose one of these specialised pathways:
- Adult Care
- Children and Young People
- Dementia Care
- Learning Disabilities
You may need to pay for your uniform and travel.
- Five GCSEs, including English and Maths, at grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications
- A satisfactory CRB check
You'll be interviewed to make sure the course is right for you.
You'll be assessed in a variety of ways, including observations in your workplace, written assignments and case studies. You'll also need to build a portfolio.
You'll be able to apply for many jobs in health and social care, including working as a care worker, support worker in healthcare, nursing assistant, occupational therapy assistant or physiotherapy assistant. You could also further your training by going on to study at QCF Level 5 or taking a university level course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.