Business and administration - BTEC Diploma in Business and Administration level 1 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
This course provides a foundation of business and administration knowledge and will also strengthen your skills in maths, English and ICT. Whilst learning the core theory, you will have the opportunity to learn the practical skills required by many employers, through practical assessments and work experience.
The course includes:
- investigating rights and responsibilities at work,
- managing your health at work,
- working in business and administration,
- communicating electronically,
- making and receiving calls,
- welcoming visitors,
- using office equipment in a business environment,
- creating business documents,
- supporting business meetings,
- a business administration group project,
- ideas for small business.
You will also complete the award/certificate in personal and social development. English and maths are a compulsory part of the course and are externally tested.
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s with the following grades:
English and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSE’s grade E or above
• A minimum of four GCSEs grade E or above
including English Language, and maths at
grade F or above, or
• an entry level 3 qualification, entry level 3
English and maths at entry level 2 .
You will need to demonstrate your ability to
communicate successfully through a piece of
You will need to demonstrate your ability to communciate successfully through a piece of free writing.
Assessments are all coursework based.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- BTEC Diploma in Business level 2,
- ABC Diploma in Fashion Retail level 2,
- BTEC Diploma in Understanding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship,
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 2,
- Apprenticeship in Customer Service level 2,
- Apprenticeship in Retail level 2.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.