Playwork (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
This if for you if would like a career in the Playwork sector - holiday clubs, breakfast and after school clubs.
You will be studying the following:
- Playwork principles
- Working within a play environment with children and young people
- Supporting children and young people’s play
- Relationships in the play environment
- Health and safety in the play environment
- The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people in the play environment
- Developing own playwork and team practice
- Reflective playwork practice
- Contribute to the health, safety, security and welfare of children and young people using the play environment
- Help to improve own practice and the work of the playwork team
- Support relationships in the play environment
- Work with children and young people to create play spaces and support freely chosen selfdirected play
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need 4 GCSEs at Grades D or above. A good reference will be required.
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
You can progress onto Level 3 in Playwork.
You must be employed in a playwork setting for a minimum of 30 hours per week, the college can assist you with this but cannot guarantee you a job. Playworkers are employed by local authorities, voluntary organisations or private companies. Some jobs are seasonal, for instance in the school holidays.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.