Performing Arts BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Excelsior Academy
The BTEC Nationals in Performing Arts have been developed in the performing arts sector to:
- Provide education and training for performing arts employees
- Provide opportunities for performing arts employees to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3
- Vocationally-specific qualification
- Provide learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes
- Essential for successful performance in working life.
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma extends the specialist work-related focus from the BTEC Level 3 Certificate and covers the key knowledge and practical skills required in the appropriate vocational sector. The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers greater exibility and a choice of emphasis through the optional units.
It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level. The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the area of employment that they wish to enter.
- 6 Units Covered Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in
- Performing to an Audience 10 3
- Devising Plays 10 3
- Performing with Masks 10 3
- Auditions for Actors 10 3
- Principles of Acting 10 3
- Drama Improvisation 10 3
- Musical Theatre Performance (Optional)
Four GCSE grades A* - C including English Language and preferably Maths or a Higher Diploma at grade C or above with Functional Skills Level 2, or a BTEC Level 2 Diploma with a Merit profile with Functional Skills Level 2. A satisfactory reference is required. Applicants will be asked to attend and successfully complete an interview and workshop audition.
A combination of detailed written evidence and performances.
Provide full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the performing arts sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Performing Arts
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Excelsior Academy directly.