Sustainable Construction Level 3 Diploma at Furness College
This full-time programme is for those wishing to acquire an understanding of Sustainability in the construction industry.
This full-time programme is for those wishing to acquire an understanding of Sustainability in the construction industry. Units studied include:
• Waste management in sustainable construction.
• Energy in buildings for sustainable.
• Airtight technologies in sustainable construction.
• Water use and harvesting in sustainable construction.
• Environmental impact of buildings in sustainable construction.
• Materials and products used for sustainable construction.
• Sustainable building standards, regs and methodologies in sustainable construction.
• Specification and design of low carbon buildings in sustainable construction.
• Photovalic technologies used in sustainable construction.
• Building insulation for building fabric super structures in sustainable construction.
Every full-time course will include a real experience of work.
Maths and English form part of this course and will be assessed at the relevant levels
Minimum of a Level 2 construction qualification or equivalent
You will be assessed continually throughout the year using the following:
• Knowledge and understanding tasks
• Internally marked questions
• Practical related tasks
There are additional costs for general stationery requirements
Progression into employment or onto the construction foundation degree at Furness College. Progression is based on aptitude and a successful interview.
Interested? You can apply online at http://www.furness.ac.uk/course-index/course-application-form.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of this course please contact us:
t: 01229 825017
or join in the conversation on:
and Youtube: www.youtube.com/FurnessCollege1
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Furness College directly.