SPORT (Development, Coaching and Fitness) Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Parkside Sixth
This BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport is recognised by universities and employers across the country. The practical sports development, leadership and coaching units will provide evidence of physical ability, which will enhance your theoretical knowledge of sport. The links with the faculty will not only gain interest from local sports providers, but also set you out in front of other students with minimal leadership experience.
Students study intensively for a variety of Sport units - including a professional placement in the workplace. The BTEC extended diploma offers an engaging academic programme for those clear about the area of sports employment or higher education they wish to enter.
The BTEC Programme prepares students for employment or university and its main aims are to:
- provide full-time learners the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification
- progress to university degrees in subject areas such as Physical Education, Sports Management, Sport and Exercise Science, Sport Thoeory and Practice, Sport Psychology, Sports Technology, Sports Coaching
- progress to employment in the sport sector and access to vocational qualifications such as NVQ and the BTEC Higher National Diploma
- provide learners with the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes
- equip learners with the essential skills for successful performance in working life.
Five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above, including English and Maths. Previous study in sport is not a requirement, but a consistent record of participation and commitment to high-level sport would be essential in your application.
If you would like to take an additional IB subject alongside your BTEC you can e.g. Biology or Psychology, you will need a C/B in a related subject.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.