Public Services BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma/Extended Diploma at Worthing College
This course aims to prepare you both physically and mentally for the public services industry. You will learn about the public services including uniformed services and the careers they offer, develop skills such as selfdiscipline and fitness, learn transferable skills like teamwork, navigation and communication, and take part in outdoor pursuits and physical challenges. It can be studied alongside Academy of Sport teams.
- Government, Policies and the Public Services.
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Uniformed Public Services.
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services.
- Understanding Discipline within the Uniformed Public Services.
- Fitness Testing and Training.
- Physical Preparation, Health & Lifestyle for the Uniformed Services.
- International Institutions & Human Rights.
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict & Terrorism on Public Services.
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions.
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities.
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities.
- The Planning for and Management of Major Incidents.
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents.
- Current & Media Affairs in the Public Services.
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle.
- Instructing Physical activity.
- Security procedures.
- Communication and Technology.
You will need a minimum of five GCSEs at A*- C grade or Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma merit or above.
Each of the 18 units (9 each year) is assessed as coursework; there are no exams. You receive feedback on your progress throughout the course. Evidence for assessment may be generated through a range of activities, including written assignment, role play, oral assessment, presentations and practical performances.
This qualification provides an excellent foundation for those, who would like to gain employment in the public services sector with organisations such as:
- Police Service
- Fire and Rescue Services
- Ambulance Service
- The Armed Forces
- Prison and Security Services
- HM Customs and Excise
It also enables you to meet entry requirements for higher education in a number of courses such as Criminology, Public and Uniformed Public Services, Adventure Education. With Public Service recruitment very competitive this course provides skills which enable students to apply for jobs that will enhance their CV in preparation for later applications to the Public Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worthing College directly.