Fitness Instructing and Wellbeing Excellence Level 2 at Milton Keynes College
Do you want to work as a health and fitness professional? Do you want to enter one of the fastest growing sectors in the country? Do you enjoy keeping fit and healthy and want to help others achieve their goals? Then this dynamic industry specific course is for you.
- Plan and lead gym-based activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage your own career in sport
In addition you will study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
- 5 GCSEs grade A-D including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Preparing for Progression in Active Industries
- Excellent reference.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work and practical assessment. You will also up-skill in English and maths which will involve completing various assessments and/or an end of unit exam.
Having successfully completed this course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport or Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Employment within the sport and active leisure industry
- A sport and active leisure related apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.