History at Range High School
What can History at Range offer me?
* High quality teaching .
* Support and Intervention to aid progress towards target grade.
* Excellent examination results.
* Experienced, enthusiastic and committed teachers.
* Study visits to enrich the curriculum
The course offers the opportunity to study different aspects of 17th, 19th and 20th Century History. Students will have the opportunity to research and complete a coursework question provided by OCR.
AS Unit 1: Dictatorship and Democracy in Germany 1933 - 1963
AS Unit 2: Domestic Issues 1918 - 1951 (Britain)
A2 Unit 3: Interpretations and Investigations - two 2,000 word coursework assignments, one focusing on Interpretations and the other on Investigations.
A2 Unit 4: Russia and its Rulers 1855 - 1964
To be guaranteed a place on this course, you will need to meet the admissions criteria for Range High School Sixth Form (Red Pathway) with:
* a grade B at GCSE in this subject
* satisfactory academic and attitude references
* a desire to find out about the past
* Enthusiasm for communicating ideas
* Knowledge and passion understanding
To view further information on entry requirements for your chosen pathway, please click here and read pages six and seven of the Sixth Form Prospectus.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Range High School directly.