Sport Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma at East Riding College
This course is a practical, work-related course. Projects and assignments are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. The course is equivalent to one-and-a-half A-levels and can be taken alongside other additional qualifications. As well as learning about the employment area you choose, you will also develop the skills you need to start a career. This course is equally suitable for school leavers and mature students.
- Practical team sports
- Practical individual sports
- Sports coaching
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- The physiology of fitness
- Assessing risk in sport
- Sports development
- Fitness training and programming
- Psychology for sports performance
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate in Sport at merit level
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C including English and mathematics
- A satisfactory interview and initial assessment
- Appropriate work experience
- References to support your application
This course is assessed practically and through written coursework. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations.
You could go on to employment in the sport and leisure industry or one of the extended diplomas in sport coaching, development and fitness, performance and excellence or outdoor adventure.a Depending on UCAS points, you could go onto a degree in subjects such as sports studdies, leisure management, sports coaching and teacher training or our Foundation Degree in Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences and BSc (Hons) Sports, Coaching and Health Sciences (Top-up).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.