English Literature A/S at Queensbury School
AS Level courses based on this specification should encourage students to develop their interest in and enjoyment of literature and literary studies as they:
- read widely and independently both set texts and others that they have selected for themselves
- engage creatively with a substantial body of texts and ways of responding to them
- develop and effectively apply their knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation in speech and writing
- explore the contexts of the texts they are reading and others interpretations of them.
- deepen their understanding of the changing traditions of literature in English.
Unit 1 - Aspects of Narrative
The relative percentage weighting of this unit within the qualifications is 60.00%
Unit 2 - Dramatic Genres
The relative percentage weighting of this unit within the qualifications is 40.00%
At least 5A* to C at GCSE including English Grade C and English Literature grade B or above.
- Written Examination
All AS units are assessed through independent assessment. Holistic assessment is addressed within A2.
This qualification may form part of the entry requirements for progression to higher education or employment. Students may progress to the full A level in this subject from this qualification.
Contact Ms Khan or one of the A Level English teachers for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queensbury School directly.