Uniformed Public Services (Level 3) at Central College Nottingham
This course will teach you the skills, discipline and knowledge you need if you would like to join the Police, Fire Service, Ambulance Service, Prison Service, Army, Royal Navy, RAF or Marines.
Subjects / Modules include:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training
- Career Planning for the Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Understanding Discipline
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- The Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
There will be continuous assessment in each of the units.
- Higher Education including Foundation Degrees
- BA Degrees in Law and Criminology, Psychology or Social Sciences
- A career in the armed or emergency services.
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
You will be required to purchase a uniform which will be required for visits, practical units and expeditions (cost £65). There will be a number of visits and expeditions for which there will be a small charge. Financial assistance from the college may be available to support this.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.