Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business at North Hertfordshire College
In all sectors of the economy, employers need people with different business skills. Large businesses will employ hundreds of people in departments dedicated to sales, marketing, human resources and accounting. Smaller businesses will look for people with a well-rounded skill-set in the effective and profitable operation of their business.
Business students follow careers in a huge range of different sectors and occupations, including marketing and communications, finance, sales and human resources. Many also choose to start their own businesses.
Our business courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience placements at businesses like Fujitsu, Willmott Dixon and Marks and Spencer
- Guest speakers from organisations like MBDA, Waitrose and TUI Group who’ll talk to you about their career path and experience
- The opportunity to participate in a national marketing competition with Subway
- Participation in the National Citizenship Service.
Our courses will develop your business skills in a variety of ways. Courses will focus on the following key skill areas required in both large-scale organisations and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Business: you’ll get a deeper insight into the business environment, resources and human resources, marketing and communication, sales, the economy, customer service, accounting, websites, teamwork and recruitment, as well as ethics and law.
- Marketing: you’ll get a deeper insight into promoting and marketing a business, company finance and accounting, business applications, e-businesses and global businesses, as well as managing people.
- Human resource management: you’ll develop your professional and employability skills through gaining a better understanding of business functions, business application, as well as business ethics and law to aid in the recruitment, training, performance management and support of employees.
- Accounting: you’ll enhance your knowledge of how businesses function from a financial perspective. This will include looking at a variety of accounting, budgeting, expenses and payment models used by SMEs.
- Information systems: you’ll learn how to use systems that are designed and implemented in order to help businesses run smoothly by collating, analysing and using information such as client profiles, product popularity and pricing, as well as competitor information.
In addition, our courses will help you develop the wide skills that businesses look for including, for example, teamwork, communication and problem solving.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Business communications
- Business environments
- Human resources
- Customer relations
- Event management
- Online business.
To join this course you’ll need:
- Four GCSEs at grade C or above including maths and English; or,
- Four GSCEs at grade C or above, plus functional skills level 1 maths and English; or,
- A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with a Merit or Distinction grade – plus maths and English GCSE grade C or above, or functional skills level 2 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Higher level courses including our part time BA (Hons) business administation course
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.