Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 Certificate at South Wirral High School
This course will provide you with a specialist work-related qualification. You will study 3 units in the first year which cover a range of health and social care options.
You will study 3 units. The optional unit's can be decided as a class.
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Promoting Heath Education
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Development through the life stages
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
Good GCSE passes are not essential to follow this course, but students must have achieved reasonable grades (C-E) and be prepared to demonstrate self-discipline and commitment to meet the necessary deadlines for course completion
All units are coursework based, there are no external examinations. Assignments might include essays, case studies, projects, tasks based on work experience. All units will be graded pass, merit and distinction
Nursing // Midwifery // Radiography // Occupational // Therapy // Paramedic // Social Worker // Teaching // Working with children
Communication with clients and carers // Practical application of knowledge // Analysis of case studies & Practicla tasks // Evaluation
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Wirral High School directly.