Art and Design - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Samuel Lister Academy
This two year course is equivalent to 1 A Level and offers an exciting balance between introductory work across a range of art and design disciplines. It is designed to enable you to go on to higher education or a specialist career in art and design, and includes visits to museums and galleries.
In the first year you will study common core units such as:
- Visual recording in art and design
- Materials, techniques and processes in art and design
- Ideas and concepts in art and design
In the second year:
- Communication through art and design
- Digital image capture and editing
- Design methods in art an design
You will need at least 4 GCSE's at grade A-C or a merit/distinction in a relevant subject at Level 2 with functional skills in English and Maths. We will ask to see a portfolio of your work when you come to interview.
The course is continuously assessed throughout the two years. There is an end of course exhibition.
There are many University courses that you could apply for with this Diploma including:
- Extended Diploma in Art and Design
- Foundation in Art and Design
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- BA (hons) degree
If you require any other information please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Robinson, Head of Art and Design at Samuel Lister Academy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.