Furniture Making Level 2 Diploma at Burnley College
This course develops wood machining, cabinet making and upholstery skills through individual design development projects.
You will study disciplines including wood machining, cabinet making and traditional and modern upholstery in well-equipped workshops under the supervision of lecturers with extensive knowledge and industrial experience. You will have the opportunity
to take part in a wide range of activities to enhance your studies, including:
- Displaying work in our annual furniture exhibition held at Towneley Hall in Burnley
- Visits to exhibitions, galleries, museums, woodworking shows and local manufacturers
- Attending the Ideal Home Exhibition, National Furniture Show in Birmingham and New Designers in London
- Specific projects working with local employers, culminating in a showcase of the final piece. This year our students worked with Senator and their work was displayed in London
- Visiting bespoke furniture and upholstery employers.
Two GCSEs at grade C or above including a written English subject
A relevant Level 1 Diploma and GCSE grade C in a written English subject.
Assessment is via coursework.
Advanced Diploma in Furniture Making or a placement in the furniture industry through an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Our School of Furniture is the North West of England's acknowledged Centre of Excellence for furniture making, education and training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Burnley College directly.