Catering and Hospitality Professional Chef Diploma VRQ Year 3 at Bath College
This course will provide you with an overview of working in the catering and hospitality industry and the opportunity to learn many key principles and practices. Units include a broad range of theory including kitchen operations, menu plans plus more advanced cookery methods including preparation of meat, fish, soup, fruit and vegetables, desserts and bakery.
The course is made up of 12 units including:
- Applying workplace skills
- Kitchen operations, costs and menu plans
- Nutritional and special diets in catering
- Plus more advanced cookery methods including preparation of meat, fish, soup, fruit and vegetables, desserts and bakery
- VRQ Level 2 Introduction to Professional Cookery
- Good communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, and a professional customer focussed approach
- Interview and culinary test
You will be assessed via coursework and practical cookery tests.
- Progress onto a Level 3 Advanced Diploma programme or apprenticeship
- Gain employment within the catering and hospitality industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.