Music A2 Level at Gateacre School
Unit 4: Music in Context-musical language, understanding and context. Students study of two areas:
- Set work: Shostakovich Symphony no. 5
- Four decades of Jazz and Blues 1910–1950
Unit 5: Developing Musical Ideas-candidates demonstrate their ability to create and develop musical ideas through the completion of one of the following briefs:
- Compositional techniques (Bach Chorale Writing/String Quartet)
- Free composition or pastiche in response to a chosen brief
Unit 6: A Musical Performance-candidates offer two (or more) contrasting pieces to form a short programme for either acoustic performance and/or performance via music technology chosen from:
- solo acoustic performances
- technology-based performances
- one solo performance and one technology-based performance – each performance to be at least 5 minutes.
The pieces will be chosen to show a variety of styles and techniques.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateacre School directly.