Civil Engineering BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at City of Westminster College
There are eighteen units to complete which include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Technology in Construction
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Construction in Civil Engineering Optional units:
- Graphical Detailing in Construction and the Built Environment
- Structural Mechanics in Construction and Civil Engineering
- CAD & design for Construction
- Further Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Project in Construction and the Built Environment
- and further optional units
You will develop the ability to solve construction related analytical problems across a range of Civil Engineering topics. You will also learn how to review and evaluate technical documentation.
You need to have an interest in Construction/Engineering and a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including Mathematics, English, and Science/Technology. A grade B or above is preferred in Mathematics.
Most assessment is carried out using college devised assignments and projects. Some units, including Mathematics, have open-book timed tests.
BTEC Level 3 Diplomas in Civil Engineering are designed to provide a broad introduction to working in the sector and offer opportunities for accessing further study, such as a BTEC Higher National qualification or access to University, or for employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.