Health and Social Care Level 3 Cambridge Extended Diploma at North Notts College (NNC)
The OCR Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care has been developed to recognise candidates' skills, knowledge and understanding of the health and social care sector and the settings, job roles, principles and values involved. They accredit candidates' abilities to carry out a range of tasks and have been designed to accredit candidates' achievements in a modern, practical way that is relevant to the workplace.
For the OCR Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, candidates must achieve the four mandatory units and complete fourteen optional units.
- Working to quality practice in care settings
- Working with service users in care settings
- Behavioural awareness in care
- Applied practical care in settings.
- Advanced first aid and health and safety
- Applied nutrition and dietetics for service users
- Introduction to counselling skills
- Coping with stress in care environments
- Creative activities for groups in care settings
- Behavioural psychology in health, social care and early years settings
- Career planning for the health, social care and early years sector
- Work experience in health, social care and early years settings.
College policy is to recruit with integrity, so if you do not have the entry requirements or you have other relevant qualifications your application will be considered independently.
All applicants undertake initial diagnostic tests and a personal interview before being accepted on the course.
All units are centre-assessed and externally moderated by an OCR Visiting Moderator. All units are graded: Pass, Merit, Distinction, Fail.
This qualification is designed to offer candidates the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will prepare them for entry into employment at trainee level within a wide range of health, social care and early years care and education environments. Many such candidates would undertake further part time study with the support of their employer.
This qualification has been designed to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding required to enable progression to further qualifications.
Candidates who achieve this qualification will be prepared to enter a variety of HND or degree level courses in health, social care and early years care-related subjects.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.