Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) at Aurelia Training Limited
This qualification is designed to raise the professionalism and performance of employees and volunteers within Early Years settings. In line with this, all candidates wanting to do this qualification will need to have already gained GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above or be working towards this and have completed before the end of this Level 3 course. (Some exemptions apply). It is a work based qualification which will allow learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills essential for working effectively in the Early Years environment.
This award is a nationally recognised qualification validated by Edexcel, and includes a wide range of study units to select from. Units are chosen to reflect the specific job role of each candidate resulting in a tailor-made qualification to meet individual needs.
To achieve this qualification, candidates must achieve a total of 64 credits by completing a variety of units. 46 credits are gained through completion of the 11 mandatory units:
· Understand Children’s Early Years Education and Development
· Implementing Early Years Foundation Stage
· Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Early Years Settings
· Plan and Provide Effective Teaching and Learning in Early Years Settings
· Make Accurate and Productive Use of Assessment in Early Years Settings
· Develop Effective and Informed Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
· Promote the Health, Safety and Well-being of Children in Early Years Settings
· Child Protection and Safeguarding
· Partnership Working in Early Years
Additional optional units are selected to make up the remaining 18 credits for this qualification, each of which are worth between 3 and 9 credits. Learners will attend regular, taught workshop sessions to complete workbooks in order to demonstrate understanding. In addition, candidates will be expected to complete written questions, undertake reflective activities, source evidence and have workplace observations.
A Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) QCF
Opportunity to do further courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Aurelia Training Limited directly.