Information and Creative Technology Level 2 - BTEC First Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma at Exeter College
This hands-on course will give you an excellent grounding in IT for business. Work is assessed through a combination of external and internal assessment. You will learn through hands-on experience, practical work, lectures, presentations and group work.
Depending on qualifications at entry, you will continue to study GCSE or Functional Skills in both Maths and English.
You will study a range of core and optional units designed to develop your skills and knowledge in IT:
- The Online World (external online assessment)
- Technology Systems (external online assessment)
- A Digital Portfolio
- Creating Digital Graphics
- Database development
- Website Development
- Installing & Maintaining Computer Hardware
- Multimedia Products Development
You will need a minimum of four GCSE at grade D or above, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills Maths & English at Level 1), and an interest in information technology and computers.
- BTEC ActiveLearnGo - online course textbook, resources and revision guides approximately £28.00 – this is a mandatory requirement for the course
- Resource fee 50.00
- Memory Stick (8GB minimum) – approximately £10-£12
- Stationery - Ring binder, loose leaf paper, pens etc approximately £10.00
You could go on to study a Level 3 course or apply for an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.