Personal Training NVQ L3 Diploma at North Lindsey College
If you can demonstrate competence in planning, reviewing and adapting fitness programmes to various population types and lead, teach and evaluate a range of fitness activities, then this could be the course for you.
Students will undertake nine mandatory units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Health, safety and welfare in leisure and recreation
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Motivate clients to adhere to exercise and physical activity
- Reflect and develop own practice when providing physical activity
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- Design, manage and adapt personal training programmes
- Deliver exercise and physical activity programmes
- Apply the principles of nutrition as part of an exercise programme
- Age 17
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs A* - C, typically including Maths and English
- Successful completion of a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, with appropriate levels of Maths and English
- A current DBS certificate (desirable)
Assessments of practical sessions will allow students to demonstrate their competence in delivering personal training and instruction to individuals and groups. A portfolio containing all evidence of competence and knowledge is required to support this.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression into employment in the fitness industry or the Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.