Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Pre-Apprenticeship Course/Traineeship at The Growth Company (formerly The Skills Company)
Being a vehicle mechanic is challenging, hands-on-work, as every vehicle will present a new problem to solve. You will have the ability to work quickly and pay attention to detail as well as having up-to-date knowledge of vehicle developments.
What can we offer?
- Assessors and trainers with extensive industry experience
- SkillCentre with state of the art facilities including ramps and diagnostic equipment
- Free minibus service to the Greater Manchester SkillCentre
- On-site subsidised canteen and social learning zones
What will you do?
Typical daily activities for apprentices in this sector include:
- Fixing and maintaining cars and vans
- Removing and replacing engine components, electrical units and chassis untis
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
Who could you work for?
We have links with many employers in this sector including Motorsave, Tameside MBC and Belle Vue Coaches.
Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
No formal entry requirements.
You will be paid a training allowance whilst completing your pre-apprenticeship. All training costs are covered by government funding for 16-18 year olds.
You could progress on to an advanced apprenticeship in just 8 months.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.