Introduction to Early Years Education & Care CACHE Certificate Level 2 at Bolton College
This qualification is for anyone wishing to work in the Children & Young People’s Workforce.
The course will cover a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas within the children’s workforce setting – including early years and social care – spanning the age range from birth to 19 years.
You will also get to spend two days a week in a work placement setting, providing you with the perfect opportunity to put your learning into practice – this is a mandatory requirement of the course.
What you'll learn
You will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Communication in Children & Young People’s Settings
- Personal Development in Children & Young People’s Settings
- Equality & Inclusion
- Children & Young People’s Development, Safeguarding the Welfare of Children
- Supporting Relationships with Children & Young People
You’ll also study Functional Skills and have the valuable option of resitting your English or Maths GCSE if appropriate.
Elements of study
Your programme consists of the following elements:
- Study of your chosen vocational subject (50% of your programme)
- English and maths (continued until the achievement of GCSE grade C or equivalent)
- Employability skills (e.g. punctuality, attendance, communication and team work)
- Work experience (giving you a taste of working life)
- Tutorial & personal development (e.g. healthy living, volunteering and citizenship skills)
We ask that you have at least two GCSEs (grade C or above), including English Language and Maths. You’ll also be invited for an interview and will be asked to provide a satisfactory school reference.
You’ll need an enthusiastic approach to your studies, excellent attendance at school or your last place of study, and a clear DBS check.
You will be assessed throughout your work placement and through a portfolio of written work.
Government-funded Further Education courses are usually free if you are aged 16-18 and are a British or European Union resident. Financial help is available for some students, whose families are on low income. If you’re worried about the cost of going to College, why not pop in for a friendly chat with our Student Services team?
For any financial queries or information about available bursaries, feel free to contact Student Services at Deane Road by calling 01204 482 181/195 and asking for a member of the Student Finance Team; or alternatively, come by and see us – we’re here to help!
After you have completed the course you could remain in College and progress on to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare & Education.
Alternatively, if you choose to look for paid work you could opt for a Childcare Apprenticeship and work as a Childcare Apprentice.
Following further study you could work as a Nursery Manager where you could earn between £22,000 and £30,000 a year, depending on experience.
Our £75 million campus offers:
- Wella-approved hair salons
- A fitness suite and sports hall
- Apple Mac suites
- A theatre and dance studios
- A café selling Costa coffee
Why not come and check it out? The best way to discover what Bolton College can do for you is by attending one of our School Leavers’ Events at our Deane Road campus on any of these dates:
Tuesday 15th November 2016
Tuesday 24th January 2017
Support with your Studies:
The College will support you throughout your time here; you will receive personal support from both your tutor and your Learning & Development Mentor. Support is also available from our dedicated Student Services team for personal, financial and careers guidance. During their visit in 2015, Ofsted commended the College for its provision of “good information and advice as well as careers advice from highly qualified staff”.
We want to give you a positive experience at College and a rounded view of the industry you could one day be working in. So, during your time at College, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a range of activities, including:
- Receive recognition for your efforts through internal awards celebrations
- Hear guest speakers from the industry
- Improve your health and fitness through various sports activities
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.