German A Level at PETROC
The exams consist of two units each year, one testing your oral skills, the other one the listening, reading and writing skills. Different aspects from a variety of topics about Germany and German speaking countries are studied.
At AS Level
- Aspects of Daily Life - relationships, food and drink, health and transport
- Leisure and Entertainment - sport, tourism and leisure activities
- Communication and Media - communication technology, written press and TV
- Education - school, work and training
At A2 Level
- Society - integration and exclusion, law and order, unemployment
- The Environment - recycling and individual energy usage, alternative energy sources, pollution and conservation of the natural world
- Science and Technology - medical progress, scientific advances and technological developments
- Culture - literature, art, political issues, heritage and history
Different aspects from a variety of topics about Germany and German speaking countries are studied and you can explore certain topics of your personal interest in depth. You will broaden not only your general knowledge but also the understanding of German, culture and people in the German speaking countries. The course will help you to communicate with confidence in discussions and debates as well as issues from the news. Different aspects from a variety of topics and how they affect life in the 21st century are discovered.
Five GCSEs at Grade C or above
A minimum of five Cs at GCSE including English and Maths. We recommend a Grade B in German.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact PETROC directly.