BTEC Sport Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Heartlands Academy
The BTEC Sport Level 3 course looks to expand upon the knowledge gained throughout the Level 2 course at Key Stage 4. The course is designed to enable students to gain both theoretical and practical experience in a multitude of sports performance units. This course allows you to develop practical skills utilising the impressive Heartlands Academy sports facilities and understand how to use theoretical knowledge and analytical skills to improve performance.
The course provides a multitude of further progression opportunities into vocationally relevant employment, such as coaching, sports science and sports research.
- Those with a strong interest in sport and an interest in sports analysis and research studies.
- For students who wish to pursue a University degree such as Sports Science.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Development
- Work Experience in Sport
- Sports Coaching
- At least Merit in BTEC Sport Level 2 (or equivalent).
- At least C grade in English GCSE.
Completed via a number of assignments, PowerPoint presentations, written reports and video/photographical evidence.
There are many career paths open to those who study BTEC Sport Level 3, highlighted below are just a few of the more popular ones...
- Fitness Instructor
- Leisure and Sports Manager
- FE Teaching Professional
- Secondary Education Teaching Professionals
- Youth and Community Worker
- Sports Coaches, Instructors and Official
- Vocational and Industrial Trainers and Instructor
- Sports and Leisure Assistant
Mr. D. Ewart
Head of Year 13
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heartlands Academy directly.