Professional Cookery Level 1 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
The Diploma is designed to teach you the basic craft skills of cooking e.g. filleting a fish and help you understand the principles of cooking such as why does starch thicken a sauce. You learn how to plan, prepare, cook and present a wide variety of dishes as if you were in a professional kitchen.
- Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 1
- Level 1 Food and Drink Service
- Bakery and Patisserie work
- Food Safety Certificate (CIEH)
- You will need a minimum of 4 GCSE's at Grade D or above, including Maths or English at Grade D or equivalent.
- Please be aware that all visible piercings will need to be removed in practical lessons.
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
You will have 6 timed practical assessments in our realistic working environment backed up with short answer test papers and assignments. To complete the qualification, you will have to successful complete two, 3 hour timed synoptic tests in Kitchen & Larder and Patisserie.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- You can progress on to the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Apply for jobs in the Hospitality & Catering industry.
- There will be opportunities to enter competitions, take part in industry visits and trips relating to your course. Work Placements are also an integral part of this course.
- You will also study Functional skills or GCSE, in Maths and/or English depending on your GCSE grades.
What will I need?
- You will have to pay for your uniform, knives and a textbook at an approximate cost of £210 and £40.00 towards the cost of industry related trips.
- You will also have the opportunity to take part in an optional overseas residential trip at an approximate cost of £400 and pay for your own personal stationery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.