Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT NVQ in Beauty Therapy level 2 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
This course will give you the training you need to become both a diagnostic and practising beauty therapist. You will work through the course flexibly and at your own pace.
You’ll be based in a purpose-built learning environment, which is run as a commercial salon with clients you’ll eventually be offering treatments to.
You will cover subjects, including:
- eyelash and brow treatments,
- basic facials,
- health and safety,
- promoting products and services,
- contribute to the development of effective working relationships,
- English and maths.
You will benefit from work placements with professional establishments.
English grade 3 and maths grade 2 or above
Successful completion of your current studies
You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge beauty industry and be keen to progress in it
• A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D, including English language, and maths at
grade E or above, or
• a level 1 beauty therapy qualification, English at level 1 and maths at entry level 3,
• an initial assessment indicating that you are working at level 1 and you are able to
achieve level 2 English and level 1 maths within one year.
• You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of working in the beauty therapy industry and wish to take up a career in this area.
Your practical skills will be assessed, providing treatments in a commercial beauty salon. You will also need to submit a portfolio of the work you complete during the course as evidence.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
NVQ in Beauty Therapy level 3.
You could become a junior beauty therapist.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.