Sociology A Level at Rednock School
What will I learn on this A Level course?
- An introduction to the key concepts and core themes of Sociology
- An understanding of sociological methodology and a range of research methods
- An opportunity to develop your understanding and sociological awareness through discussion of contemporary issues
- A development of citizenship skills which will help in adult life
You will study topics such as: culture and identity, the family, crime and deviance, social inequalities and globalisation.
What kind of student is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for a wide range of students, with different backgrounds and experiences. You might be:
- Interested in studying social sciences at a higher level, for example at University
- Thinking of following a career in an area of social policy - e.g. Health, social care, education, family and community services
- Seeking to broaden a vocational course such as Health and Social Care
Wanting a course that will complement other subjects such as English, Business Studies or Psychology.
Students do not need to have any prior sociological knowledge before starting this course. It is required that students have gained a GCSE grade ‘B’ or above English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.