English Literature at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* Read a wide range of texts, including poetry, prose and drama from both the modern era and pre-twentieth Century.
* Analyse the texts closely through whole class discussion, paired and individual presentations as well as in written work.
* Research and learn more about the literary traditions of English.
* Have opportunities for Theatre visits or other pertinent occasions.
* An enjoyment of reading, analysing and comparing texts from different genres and different periods of time.
* A desire to know how texts are put together
* An enthusiastic and confident ability to participate in group discussion
* The ability to form and to sustain independent judgements on texts both orally and in written form.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.