Children and Young People's Workforce Level 3 Apprenticeship at City College Plymouth
Have you ever thought about a career in childcare? Never pursued this option because you didn’t know what it was about? How about applying for an Apprenticeship with City College Plymouth? Childcare is more than just play ... it requires patience and a commitment to continually improve the standards of childcare provision. This Advanced Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn and learn at the same time and will also teach you about current law, child development and, perhaps the most important of all, PLAY!
As an apprentice you will gain valuable experience and occupational competence within your workplace setting. You will be employed and, under supervision, your job would include working in one of the following settings:
- early years worker/assistant (within an early learning/childcare setting usually caring for young children ie pre-school, child minder/nursery/crèche
- care worker/assistant (in a social care setting with children aged birth to 19 years)
- assistant youth support/community worker (with young people in a youth/community setting)
Level 3 Certificate for The Children and Young People’s Workforce
You will need to achieve a set number of credits from completing mandatory units and a selection of optional units. The optional units will be decided in negotiation with your assessor and employer and are based on your job role with your organisation. Mandatory units will cover:
- health and safety
- personal development
You will have to complete functional skills level two in mathematics, English and ICT, employers’ rights and responsibilities and personal learning and thinking skills.
Upon successful completion you may progress to:
- part-time course in childcare
- opportunities in a range of organisations dealing with young people and children.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.