Electoral Services Apprenticeship at Westminster City Council
Do you have a real interest in elections? We have a business administration apprenticeship available to start as soon as possible to support us with Electoral Canvassing and getting ready for the 2016 London Mayoral Elections.You will not only learn to provide administrative support to the Electoral Services team but also learn about the administration of elections and you’ll get stuck in supporting us with election logistics such as booking polling stations and how to train polling staff. You’ll be part of a busy, friendly team and get the chance to shadow them on a wide variety of projects.
- Input information in to the Electoral Register and ensure it is accurate.
- Answer questions from voters and Councillors in writing, over the phone and face to face.
- Book meeting rooms and organise team meetings, learning how to take minutes and organise agendas.
- Learn to train polling and canvassing staff
- Help organise polling stations and logistics for the London Mayoral election for May 2016.
- Keen and willing to get stuck into everything that is going on!
- Confident with great interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Confident using computers including email, Microsoft Excel and databases.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and able to ask for help when needed.
- The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
An Advanced Apprenticeship is a great launching pad for your career and will set you up to apply for other roles within local government.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Westminster City Council directly.